Junior School headmistress
When the Sisters leave, Mrs Henriette Keys takes over from Sister Kathleen Mary as headmistress of the Junior School. She has taught there since 1954 and is popular with the other members of staff.
Mrs Keys retires in 1966 and Miss Peggy Clarke takes over. She is instrumental in giving the junior pupils a higher profile: she negotiates use of the hockey fields and includes a separate Junior School report in the school magazine for the first time.