Miss Evelyn Beatrix Darke becomes headmistress.
The precursor to the Old Girls’ Association is formed. The first St Mary’s school magazine is produced, which Miss Darke hopes will strengthen "the bond between past and present members of the school".
The Governing Body announces that the school is to move. Anglicans who live in the vicinity of Orange Grove and Highlands North support the school’s relocation to their area.
In March the old school is sold, and in June, part of the farm Syferfontein, in Waverley, is bought. The girls move in in July, and in September construction begins on the current St Mary’s School campus.
The school is renamed St Mary’s School for Girls. Four houses, named after Anglican bishops, are established.
When the south and east wings are sufficiently complete, boarders move into their Spartan dormitories.
The first St Mary’s annual magazine is produced in 1931